Compliance Questionnaire Help Guide
Fidelity Bonds for Your Retirement Plan
Fixing Common Plan Mistakes
What if I own multiple companies?
Changing Bank Accounts
Funding Contributions from Multiple Bank Accounts
Viewing Employee Contribution Rates
What if my payroll provider doesn't transmit my data to ERISA for me?
Which payroll providers does ERISA support?
Getting Started as a Plan Administrator
Plan Setup Guide for New Defined Contribution Plans
Terminating a Plan
Who do I contact for support?
Divorce and Retirement Accounts - Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO)
How do I request my distribution?
Required Minimum Distribution (RMD)
How do I know how much is available for a loan?
How to Make Extra Payments on Your Retirement Plan Loan
How to Pay Off Your Retirement Plan Loan
How to Request a Loan
How to Take a Loan from Your Retirement Account
Loan Repayment Requirements
Managing Your Account
Adding a Beneficiary
How do I roll money from another retirement account into my retirement account with ERISA?
Retirement Plan Security Enhancements
Understanding Your Plan's Expenses
Saving for Retirement
Book a Retirement Planning Session
Updated by Chandler Julian
If your plan allows for loans, you can make a loan request through your online retirement account or via the paper form that’s available through your employer.
Here are steps for requesting a loan online...
- Log into your online retirement account at https://www.erisa.com/login
- Click the Loans menu option located under Loans & Withdrawals
- Click the Model/Request a Loan button
- Select your loan specifications and click Calculate Payment
- Click the Request Loan button and follow the rest of the prompts
- One the last page, click Submit
- You will receive a DocuSign email to e-Sign your promissory note and your employer will be emailed to sign next.
- Once the documents are signed, your loan will be issued and loan repayments will be setup in your company’s payroll system to automatically deduct loan repayments each payroll cycle.
Keep in mind that your loan available amount is limited to the lesser of either 50% of your vested account balance or $50,000. Your highest outstanding loan balance in the past 12 months cannot exceed these limits either. So you may notice that your amount available may be less than expected if you have other outstanding loans.